2. MAYAWATI ADVANCES UP ELECTION
Likely, given her free run in Uttar Pradesh. This could bring the Congress and the SP close.
3. CONGRESS JOINS MAMATA GOVERNMENT
Probable, if the Congress and the Trinamool Congress form a poll alliance in West Bengal.
4 MANMOHAN SINGH REVAMPS CABINET
New allies could come in, from Andhra Pradesh and Uttar Pradesh.
5. BIGGER AND NEWER SCAMS EMERGE
Some Congress bigwigs are likely to acquire fresh notoriety, from available indications.
6. CONGRESS RETHINKS TELANGANA
It has nothing to gain right now, so the Congress could stall formation of a new state.
7. CPM, CPI LOSE NATIONAL PARTY STATUS
Serious for mainstream Left as they face possible defeats in West Bengal and Kerala.
8. NORTHEAST PACTS TAKE SHAPE
Finally, at least one big ticket peace announcement is possible in the Northeast.
9. FORWARD MOVEMENT IN KASHMIR
New Delhi could back the interlocutors’ efforts and reports with policy announcements.
10. INDIA WINS CRICKET WORLD CUP
Needs to be listed for sheer mathematical possibility and unpredictability in sport.
& 10 THINGS THAT MAY NOT
1.Sheila Dikshit moves to Centre. Not after CWG
2. Bollywood revival. Dead summer ahead
3. Stability in petrol prices
4. Peace in Telangana
5. Drop in inflation
6. Let up in Maoist activity
7. Action against corrupt judges
8. BJP unity
9. UPA2 launches Operation Clean-up
10. India makes new friends in the Arab world