To join the actor-turned-politician, Kamal Hasan, in his political movement, Delhi CM Arvind Kejriwal leaves his residence for Madurai.
He kicked off his political yatra this morning from Rameswaram by visiting late President A P J Abdul Kalam’s residence and his memorial. He even sought blessings from his Kalam’s elder brother Mohammed Muthu Meera Lebbai Maraicker. He then went to interact with fishermen community in Rameswaram.
Earlier this morning, he was scheduled to visit a school where A P J Abdul Kalam had studied but it was cancelled as the administration denied permission to him. “I could not visit his school. I don’t think it was due to politics. They can only prevent me from entering the school, but they cannot prevent me from learning,” the actor said while addressing the media.
Lawyer and activist Prashant Bhushan congratulating Hasan on his Twitter wrote,” All the best to @ikamalhaasan who has finally taken the plunge into TN politics. No doubt he is doing it with intention of improving public life in TN, which desperately needs something far better than what DMK, ADMK, Cong & BJP have to offer. He will need expert advice on policy. “
Following is the schedule of Kamal Hasaan as per sources:
- 7:45 am: Arrive at APJ Abdul Kalam’s house
- 8:15 am: Arrive at APJ Abdul Kalam’s school
- 8:50 am: Arrive at Ganesh Mahal to meet the fishermen
- 11:10 am: Arrive at APJ Kalam’s memorial
- 11:20 am: Leave for APJ Kalam’s memorial towards Madurai
- 12:30 pm: Public meeting at Ramanathapuram palace
- 2:30 pm: Paramakudi Public meeting
- 3 pm: Manamadurai public meeting
- 5 pm: Arrive at Othakadai ground in Madurai
- 6 pm: Political party flag hoisting
- 6:30 pm: Public meeting
- 8:10 pm to 9 pm: Nammavar’s speech