A local court in Jodhpur has ordered actor Salman Khan to be personally present in the court on 10 March to record his statement in a case related to the Arms Act.
“The prosecution evidences have finished. The court of chief judicial magistrate (CJM) Jodhpur district has set 10 March as the date for recording of the accused’s statement (Salman Khan),” said the actor’s counsel Hastimal Saraswat.
CJM Dalpat Singh Rajpurohit, dismissing an application from the actor’s counsel for re-examination of former district collector Rajat Mishra, said the process of examining prosecution witnesses has been completed and directed Khan to be present in court on 10 March for recording his statement.
It is the third time that Salman has been asked to record his statement during the trial in this case.
The court was to pronounce its verdict in the case on 25 February last year, but was deferred when applications for examination of four witnesses were allowed.
After examination of the four witnesses, Khan appeared before the local court on 29 April last. On 3 March, after completing the re-examination, Khan’s advocate again moved an application to examine Rajat Mishra, but the court didn’t allow this and ordered Khan to be present personally in court on 10 March.
Khan and co-actors, including Saif Ali Khan, were accused of poaching black bucks on the night of October 1-2, 1998, during the shooting of ‘Hum Saath Saath Hain’. Two black bucks, a protected animal under the Wildlife Protection Act, were killed on the outskirts of Kankani village near Jodhpur.
Khan is accused of carrying and using illegal arms. He is also alleged to have been carrying arms with an expired license.