Al Qaeda Claims Responsibility for Charlie Hebdo Attack

0
62
File Pix : Gunmen get into the car after their killing spree at Charlie Hebdo, Paris
File Pic : Gunmen get into the car after their killing spree at Charlie Hebdo, Paris

As the new issue of Charlie Hebdo goes on sale, Al Qaeda’s Yemen unit, in a video released on the internet, claimed the attack on the magazine’s office in Paris which killed 12 people, including much of the weekly’s editorial staff.

In the 11-minute video posted on Wednesday, Nasr al-Ansi, a top commander of Al Qaeda in the Arabian Peninsula said that the attack was in vengeance for the insult of the Prophet by the magazine. Al-Ansi also said that France belonged to the “party of Satan” and warned of more terror attacks.

The magazine had been publishing cartoons depicting Prophet Muhammad, which is considered as an insult.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

Comment moderation is enabled. Your comment may take some time to appear.